Privacy Notice & Protection of Personal Information
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”)
1.1. In compliance with the requirements of the PDPA, this Notice is issued to inform you of The Persatuan Seni Khat Kebangsaan (PSKK), (hereinafter referred to as “PSKK”, “our”, “us” or “we”) commitment to the policy of protecting at all times the confidentiality, integrity and security of the information provided by you to us.
Why does the PSKK collect personal information?
PSKK collects personal information in order to properly and efficiently carry out its functions. This includes providing support to registered members by maintaining a central database of information, administration of the members’ program, and to facilitate the promotion of services and goods that may be of interest to you.
PSKK uses personal information only for the purposes for which it was provided and for directly related purposes (unless otherwise required by or authorised under law). We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your information.
What personal information does the PSKK collect?
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to us in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs
How does PSKK collect and hold personal information?
1.3. In order to enable us to deal with your inquiries or to process your applications for membership or renewal or any other services related or incidental thereto (“the Services”), we may need to or may be required to collect, record, hold, store, use and / or disclose (i.e. process) your personal data and information which includes, but not limited to (“the Personal Data”):
1.3.1. Personal details:
– Name, age, gender, date of birth
– Identity card number / Passport number / Photograph
– Education, nationality, medical records
1.3.2. Contact details:
– Address, email, phone number
1.3.3. Family information:
– Marital status, name of spouse, child or immediate / major family members
1.3.4. Occupation details:
– Employer’s name
– Income range
– Designation and job title
– Employer’s or Company’s contact information and address
1.4. We may obtain the Personal Data from yourself and from variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- Fill up and completing application or registration forms or any other similar forms via online or otherwise;
- When you register at the Site(s) as a user;
- From publicly available sources such as directories,
- From social media platforms’ pages, if you subscribe, follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- From such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to the disclosure of information relating to you and / or where otherwise not so restricted;
- When you interact and communicate with us at any events, activities or through social media platforms;
- When you enter contests organised by us;
- Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites;
- From our server logs when you log into the Websites, such as details of internet protocol address; or
- From telephone log information when you call us, such as your telephone number;
- Purchase merchandise, products or services from PSKK
- Are elected or appointed to a committee of PSKK; or
- Apply for employment or a volunteer position with PSKK
Purpose of processing personal data?
1.5. We may use and process your Personal Data for business, and administrative purposes of PSKK which shall include, without limitation the following (“the Purpose”):
- to process your registration, renewal, subscription, purchases of our products and services;
- to perform our obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any services or products you have requested;
- to process your purchase or request for advertising space (if any);
- to process your participation in any events and activities including focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys, any productions or events organised by PSKK;
- process, manage or verify your order, purchase or booking of our services and products;
- research, develop and market products, services, merchandise and special offers of benefit to members made available by us and/or third parties;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- to maintain, improving or enhance the delivery of our customer service;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of investigation, detection, prevention and prosecution of security breaches, crime or fraud;
- for us to comply with its obligations under law;
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes; and
- to keep you informed of news and information relating to various events, activities and opportunities via various mediums.
1.6. PSKK has the discretion to keep the Personal Data provided by you as long as it is required to meet the purposes as stated herein or until a withdrawal or revocation of consent in writing is received by PSKK to terminate the processing of the Personal Data provided by you.
Acknowledgement and Consent
1.7. By communicating with us, using our services, purchasing products or services from us or by virtue of your engagement with us, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by us as described in this Notice.
1.8. By continuing to communicate with us, by continuing to use our services, purchasing products from us or by your continued engagement with us following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
1.9. Where you are of the opinion that the Personal Data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request in writing (by completing the necessary form) to correct and/or to update your Personal Data.
2.0. PSKK may disclose your personal information to a range of organisations which include, but are not limited to:
- Companies or Organizations we engage to carry out functions and activities on PSKK’s behalf,
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- in other circumstances permitted by law
We may use non-sensitive personal information for marketing purposes (including disclosure of such information to PSKK sponsors). If you do not wish to receive email, SMS or posted offers from PSKK or marketing information from official sponsors, you may opt-out by at any time by notifying the PSKK Officer via the contact details set out in this policy.
Withdraw or revoke consent
Please notify us in writing if you wish to withdraw or revoke your consent from our use and process your Personal Data for the Purposes and the Additional Purpose as stipulated herein.
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by us, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future.
Resolving privacy issues and complaints
Any issues or complaints in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, quality, security of and access to your personal information may be made to the PSKK at this address:
1-20 Jalan Warisan Sentral 2,
Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi,
43900 Sepang, Selangor.
Phone : +6019.999.3125 (Secretary) / +6019.393.6269 (Vice Secretary)
Email : email@example.com
We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period, and try to resolve your complaint for you.
For further information on the PSKK’s management of personal information, please contact PSKK here.
Last updated on 20 January 2021